We aim to be the most environmentally friendly picture framing gallery in the world
From the materials we use to the way we use them, our goal is to supply the best American made custom picture frames that are manufactured with sustainability in mind.
- Efficiency is at the core of our business model, and our precision machinery grants unparalleled accuracy to optimize every single piece of material we consume.
- We have virtually no raw material waste — overall we have about 2% scrap in an industry that averages over 20%!
- We source all of our materials from vendors who are equally as environmentally conscious.
Our Materials Matter
As an American-based company, we care about the local places we live and work, but we also care about our environmental impact on a global scale.
- All of our raw framing materials are handmade in and sourced from American vendors.
- Our finger-jointed poplar wood frames are made from repurposed pieces of natural wood that are cut and bound together, then finished with a wood pattern wrap.
- Our aluminum for metal frames are sourced from a vendor that recycles 100% of its scrap through the foundries of local recyclers, and uses recycled aluminum on all its painted and anodized matte finishes.
- All of our painted wood frames meet all "Low-VOC" standards with the paint products that are applied. (Paints labeled "Low-VOC" contain fewer than 50 grams per liter of volatile compounds; the products we use meet the Green Seal standards.)
- Our paper mill is certified with all its operations in accordance with FSC® (Forest Stewardship Council) and they are committed to sustainable energy & resource management.
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
Despite the fact our waste is extremely minimal, we aim to reduce its impact even further by recycling and/or reusing any packaging, scrap, and/or returned frames.
- All of our packaging material is recyclable, including the plastic straps.
- We use corrugated cardboard packaging that is cut custom to each and every order — this reduces waste and means we don’t have to ship using bubble wrap (or even paper wrapping) to keep your frames safe.
- Our Packaging is certified by the Sustainable Forestry Initiative, an organization that collaborates on forest-based conservation.
Preserving your memories — and the places you love most
While we believe in doing all we can to limit our carbon footprint and environmental impact today, we also recognize the importance of sustainable practices long-term. As such, we believe in supporting causes that help us further this mission.
We donate to the non-profit One Tree Planted to support planting new trees across the United States.